Monday, March 21, 2022

BOOKELIAAAA

BOOKELIA!!!! What is that, you may ask. Well, you are in for an adventure.

    As you know, it is SPRING BREAK!!! A nice time to relax and release your mind from the stresses of the everyday academic schedule. School has been moving at a brisk pace, and I am so happy that I am on break. My friends and I have taken a trip to Bookelia, Florida. A small, designated place for the reserved residents of Florida. Ironically enough, we are all taking AICE Media AS Level, so we were able to share our progress with each other. I got some feedback and I am so excited to start the filming process. I was so inspired by this trip, and wanted to hold onto the feeling of friendship so I almost changed my film opening. I wanted to create an opening about teenagers taking on the world, another coming of age film. However, I came back to my senses and realized that I would have to make up weeks worth of brainstorming and progress which I simply do not have the time for,


While I'm here in Bookelia, I've been influenced by the culture of the area. This led me to think about how I want to represent my characters. I have these two teenagers that are still within the social group of gen Z. However, I have to strategically plan this so that the characters are represented as they are. I also changed the characters name so that they are more fitting. Trinity and Elena are the new characters, and are more fitting for the characters. Trinity is the college student and Elena is her friend that is visiting her. Since Trinity is a college student, it is wise to keep her in college gear. So, I will have Trinity's costuming be straight college gear. She will be wearing denim shorts, University of Miami shirt, and her UM water bottle. This way, the audience will be able to tell that she is the character coming from the university. While Elena is her visitor, and is still in high school, she will be wearing neutral clothing that are relative to her age. I want Elena to be in shorts and a shirt as well, but relatively plain. I also want Elena to have little to no makeup so that she keep her youthful look. 


Here are some pictures of my friends and I in Bookelia!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Here is my CCR!! I hope you enjoy it. You might need some reflective glasses LOL. That was a joke!