Thursday, March 24, 2022

Beautiful Places? Which One do I Choose?

    I've been looking for places to film. I've known for weeks now that I want to film at the University of Miami for a couple of reasons. My sister attends the university so she is aware of the best places on campus to film. Also, I know that UM is not a huge campus so there would not be too much traction. However, I need specific areas to film so that there is some structure to filming day. I for sure want to film at the large UM sign that sits at the entrance of the campus. I will use this location for the establishing shot to show the location of the film opening. However, I will need an elevator. I originally planned for the for me to record at the elevator in Trinity's dorm but there are a couple of problems that rise with this idea. There are many students who use the elevator, so I would have a hard time trying to record each shot due to the constant interruptions. I am aware of this problem, so I talked to my sister and we came up with a solution.




    The students of UM are on spring break this upcoming week, so many students will be leaving the campus to engage in outside activities. Furthermore, the students will not be attending classes so I could completely record in an empty building so I do not run into the problem of having constant interruptions. We will be recording the elevator scenes on the south side of the campus so that we are out of the way. I have also coordinated with my sister to plan the best time to film with her and Elena. They expressed to me their busy schedules which  I completely understand. I also have some extraneous characters that will be needed, so I will need to schedule a time that works well with them. After some careful consideration, we will be filming next Saturday at 4 pm. I am so excited, and I have said this over and over but I do not doubt that this will be a very fun project to film. Also, I have planned to have some people who attend UM to be background characters of my project. I will also ask them for permission before I film them and will let them know the premise of the project. So excited!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Here is my CCR!! I hope you enjoy it. You might need some reflective glasses LOL. That was a joke!