Sunday, March 13, 2022

(SMO) So Many Options

     Hi guys! I wanted to give you all a slight update on everything. I had the amazing opportunity of working with two other students on their projects. With this collaboration, I was able to get some insights on what has worked and what hasn't worked for their projects. It was amazing to see the production process, and it felt amazing. I went to Julie's house, as I am the actress for her film opening. I enjoyed working with her and I have no doubt that she will be able to create an amazing film. I also got the opportunity to work with Isa as an actor within her film. We ventured out to a studio in Fort Lauderdale! I am starting to get a bit anxious about filming, as I know that editing will come soon. With this project at its prime, I know that I will still have to research a bit more to understand how creative I can get with this project. I always think about how I am an amateur artist, but I know that I will be proud of my hard work no matter what. 

    I have been constantly thinking about how I will be editing within the next couple of weeks. Editing has always been a struggle for me. However,  I have many resources available to me. Without a doubt, there are YouTube tutorials, videos, peers, advisors, and other people that I have available to me in order to ensure that my film is well edited. I am concerned with different parts within my film where I know that I will need an advanced editing software to be able to capture what I truly want my film to show. I want to show the two characters walking through the hallway in their cheery manner. I already have the sketch of this scene sketched out as I want the two characters to be filmed in a high angle. Specifically,  the two characters must be filmed from a high angle because the camera will cut to the point of view of someone watching the girls through a security camera. This may be my largest concern as far as editing goes. I know for sure that I want to imitate the real perspective of someone watching through  a security camera, and I may have to edit the video in my own way. Don't be scared when I say I want to edit in my own way. I only say this because the certain green lens or distorted effect may not be available to me. So, I must do what I have to do and get creative.  DaVinci Resolve has new and updated effects that more advanced and for skilled people. I am a beginner but I am sure that I can learn from professional editors on how to get the most out of using DaVinci. I have so many options as far as editing, and I am thrilled to explore them all. 






 Mrs.Stoklosa advised us on the many editing software available for us to use. While iMovie is a great tool to use for editing, I feel like I will have more opportunities and features that can enhance my project with DaVinci Resolve. The most challenging part will be making sure that each shot is cohesive and ties in with the storyline, and is not choppy. I am excited to play around with this software. Who knows, I might learn that I have potential in becoming a credible editor. I've already learned so much from this project, it is insane. Until next time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Here is my CCR!! I hope you enjoy it. You might need some reflective glasses LOL. That was a joke!