Saturday, March 12, 2022

What's going on?

    What's going on you may be asking,.....Spring break is coming up! I decided to get some input from my peers. I have made some slight changes to my project. I think that to add some clarity for my project, I’ll add some various aspects that show the development of the intensity within the scene. I’ve always stated that I wanted to add a blue tint over certain scenes to magnify the suspense of the plot. Before, I got advice from my advisor, and was told that I should add the blue tint when the main characters arrived to each mysterious level. However, I want the audience to be able to understand the premise of the situation. 


                                                        POV is everything.

    There will be a separate POV that will show a separate, hidden character spectating the two girls. I will need to edit the spectators POV to show them in a digital, green screen. I want it to be obvious that the characters are being watched through a camera. This will tie in smoothly with the creepy man character. Let’s call the person behind the character, “The Spectator”. The creepy man and the Spectator are in cahoots, as they are the leaders of this twisted scheme. I think that if I show the creepy man and the spectator communicating, this will make the rest of the movie clearer, and understandable.  

"Big Little Lies" directed by  Jean-Marc Vallée

    Today was everything. I am ecstatic to let you all know that I have watched the first episode of, "Big Little Lies". I am relatively picky when it comes to what I decide to watch. While I am easily persuaded to read a book, it takes some convincing and a strong storyline for me to truly get into and engage with a TV show or a movie. Movies are harder for me to watch rather than television shows. Fun fact! However, in class, I wrote a visual analysis essay on this film opening and I picked up on so many techniques and shot compositions that I got inspired to continue watching the film in hopes of gaining even more insight on ways to utilize my camera knowledge and screen time, and to keep following along this dramatic plot. This show automatically caught my attention as I noted all of the medium shots, close-ups, diegetic sound, and other techniques that built the purpose of the film. I was blown away by all of these different aspects that convinced me to watch this show. I liked how the directors built the suspense within the first two minutes of the viewing, but did so in such a slight way. I also noted the specific costuming of each character and what it said about their personal character traits and flaws. 

Since my film is a suspenseful film, I took notes on the way in which the characters communicated with each other. The main character of this show Madeline, is very outgoing and is always looking for the news within the community. However, she meets a new mom who is the total opposite of her loud and demanding manner. This reserved and shy character is represented as such. Madeline and her best friend communicate as such. However, the best friend has an eerie sense about her. While there is no direct statement saying that Madeline's best friend is thrown off, the way the directors represent and film her say everything the audience needs to know. Whether it was the close-ups that showed her twisted facial reactions, or the way the camera director captured her very  limited dialogue. Within the showing, the weird best friend responds to Madeline's claim that the town is very kind and helpful. Madeline's best friend proceeds to say that they, "Pound people with it (kindness)" Words like this allude to the possible future of the film.

    I want to make the dialogue between the creepy man and the character similar to this so that you can indirectly accept that these two  characters are communicating with each other, but one is of far more desolate and off-put  compared to the main character. I believe that if you film something well and with hard work,  you will be able to alter one's perspective and perception of the character. I also liked the muted tones, and blueish hues over the different shots. With low angles, dramatic facial expressions, dull clothing, and the correct dialogue, I am confident that I will be able to build this character's weirdness and establish that something is about to happen. Furthermore, it will be crucial that the creepy character is truly established as creepy so that the audience can correlate the creepy man with the man that is spectating. This will come together smoothly.  I am excited to say the least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Here is my CCR!! I hope you enjoy it. You might need some reflective glasses LOL. That was a joke!