Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Storyboard!

     I am fairly concerned with how my project will flow so I decided to make my storyboard today.  I have been thinking about the advice I have been collecting, so I wrote out my storyboard to optimize my screen time. I've also realized with my prior projects, storyboarding has helped me a lot.

THERE IS A PROBLEM!!

                    Don't panic. I have solved the problem! *insert dramatic sigh here*

    I kept pondering my storyline and my overall concept, and I realized that the storyline may be a bit hard to follow. So, I took a new direction and altered the first portion of my scene. Originally, the two main characters were going to be posing at the University of Miami sign to establish the setting, which I will keep. However, to give contrast, I have implemented even  more scenes to show the light-hearted manner of the first  half. My storyboard shows the two characters taking pictures, and generally enjoying their time. With a composition of shots, there are going to be medium shots, close ups, and tracking shots to show them having fun! I am allotting  more screen time to showing them floating around and having fun on the campus so that it establishes setting, their friendship, and the safe nature of the university.

     Following their play, they will walk through the hall to the elevator, and this is where I have added some extra little things. Since I only have two minutes, I want the suspicion and the thriller to be truly present but this cannot be done without clarity. As we know, the girls are going to be entering in some twisted game present at each level of the floors. However, I do not have the time to show the girls completing each levels on the floor. To show the rise in tension, I will add distanced shots of the girls but as if they are being watched through a camera, which they are. There will be an unmasked spectator who is speculating their every move. This person will be in communication with the creepy man. By adding this double view, it will give the audience more insight on the situation not followed by the main characters. By doing this, there will be more clarity that the girls are being watched, and will soon be entering some sticky situation. I feel more reassured now that I have been able to smooth the bumps in my production. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Here is my CCR!! I hope you enjoy it. You might need some reflective glasses LOL. That was a joke!