Wednesday, March 16, 2022

GROUP MEETINGS!!!

     Hello Everyone! I had the amazing opportunity of being able to work with some other students in my class. We all had group meetings which were very informative and insightful. The overall objective of these group meetings were to talk with other directors and share our progress on our projects so far. It was interesting to see everyone's ideas, and how they have planned thus far. We were able to look through each others blogs and understand their journey with their research, production progress, and their struggles. Each person had a strong goal of creating a meaningful project but we all had challenges to faces. However, it was easy to talk with the group to help do different things. We all want each other to create the best film opening possible, and this meeting really helped everyone solve their problems. Everyone was at a different level within their production which is interesting because we all have the same deadline. 

     As we all shared our progress and our concerns, we were able to tell them how we felt from an outside perspective. Whether it was clarity that needed to be given, or something we felt could have been better, we were all able to enhance our projects. Specifically, there were some people who had not planned their ending, or were unsure of how they wanted to connect different shots and ideas. However, we created a story for them that went along with their storyline smoothly. I was able to show my creativity by collaborating on rewriting or writing the ending to their film. This meeting showed me that this may be an individual project, but we all need help sometimes. Insight is always useful, as well as constructive criticism. No matter the level of experience one has with filming or developing a story, help is always needed in some way or the other. 

    Specifically with my project, I got some positive feedback from my peers which felt awesome. I was almost hesitant on my idea, as I understand how complex certain shots or editing may be hard to complete. I was thinking of changing my idea to something that may be more reachable as far as difficulty. However,  I came to my senses and decided that this was not the time to play anything safe. I had an idea I liked, and I have every intention on completing it to the best of my abilities. I explained my project to my group and they stated that while they thought the idea was a good one, they questioned whether I would be able to make sense of the plot. I took this into consideration, and I will make sure that I write down a note when I start filming to make sure that everything ties back into the overall plot. I've stated this many times that I do not want the audience to be confused as to what they are viewing, but I want them to have a sense
of enjoyment and distinct understanding of what they are viewing. 

    My group was amazing and I think that without this constructive criticism, I would not have been able to get an idea for how the outside audience may view my project. I will continue to share my ideas with my peers in hopes of enhancing my project. Feel free to leave some comments down below! Thank you!

SEE YA LATER!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Here is my CCR!! I hope you enjoy it. You might need some reflective glasses LOL. That was a joke!