Monday, February 28, 2022

Insight!

     I met with Mrs.Stoklosa today about my current progress. While I am sticking to my original idea for a film opening,  I have some filtering to do. Instead of ending my film at the characters re-entering the elevator to voyage to the next level, I will cut it off at the characters being boggled by what they see once they enter the elevator. I have too much content which would push me beyond my time mark. While this essentially is not a bad thing, I'd rather have a strong opening rather than fast-paced scenes that do not thoroughly develop each character. HERE IS A NEW AND IMPROVED BREAKDOWN OF MY OPENING!! 

    Instead of using a blue tint to signify mysteriousness and intensity, I will add the tint at the end when the elevator door opens. However, I will use the creepy elevator man character to show that there is something mysterious that will happen. Mrs.Stoklosa advised that I need to use the character to establish the eerie mood. She also stated that I will need a lot of dialogue but luckily, I have a profound love for talking and creating dialogue. I will need to establish the characters, their purpose, and the  leading action to reach the end of the film opening. I thought it was  hilarious that both Mrs.Stoklosa and I established that I wrote too much. However, It is a good idea to completely write the general synopsis for film so that I can make sure every thing in my film will lead to the seclusion of the film which is great.


Break It Down!

First Minute

- Characters Walking/ Dialogue Input here

-Establish setting at UM

- Excited to explore campus life!

- Walking to the Elevator 


Minute 15 seconds

- Meeting Creepy Old Man

- Girl struggling with "opening" elevator, old man helps


Minute 30

- In the elevator

- Tensions Rising


Final 30 seconds

- Reaching the challenge floor

- Switch into creepy mood/blue tint 



Here is some research I found from a very credible website that gave me more insights on my creation of the creepy elevator character. I want him to be odd and mysterious but awfully cheery. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Here is my CCR!! I hope you enjoy it. You might need some reflective glasses LOL. That was a joke!