Thursday, February 24, 2022

Fonts! Fonts! And more Fonts!

 

I never knew that there was such a wide selection of fonts available to me to use! I wasn’t too worried about being able to find reliable sources, I am a bit worried that I won’t be able to find a proper fitting font that will capture the thrill and suspense of my film. However, like always, I will work through this and get some outside input on which font will work for my credits, and opening. 

          Because my film is built around the feeling of suspense, I want my font to be bold and very strict a far as design. Typography in film can influence a viewer’s perception on the film before they even watch the movie. As soon as I saw the typography for the film, Vertigo (1958). The design is so clear cut and bold, which automatically tells me the nature of the film. Along with the cover art, I want the background picture to be simple but very visually loud. I’ve attached a very, VERY rough draft (disregard my very interesting artistic abilities.) of what I want my font and poster to look like.

 

"Typographical sequences are a good way to express creativity through the cinema."


Here are some fonts that I believe would fit my film, and will assist with setting the overall mood. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Here is my CCR!! I hope you enjoy it. You might need some reflective glasses LOL. That was a joke!