Thursday, February 17, 2022

New Perspectives

 

    I will always appreciate the interactions that I have with influential people. Today, I have been granted a new perspective on how I want to approach my project. I had a sit down conversation with Mrs.Stoklosa about all of my life worries, and she gave me a completely new view on life, which I was able to apply to this project. I won’t bore you with the specifics of our conversation, but I was able to walk away with the feeling that I must not approach life with feeling unsure or insecure of the outcomes but look at the opportunities that I am presented with. With the cluster of Florida State University decisions coming out, the development of this project and overall schoolwork, there is a lot of work that is on my plate. However, I can completely take all the resources available to me and worry less about the overall outcome of this project, but rather the different outlets I can utilize to make each portion of my project reaches its full potential. MORE DEVELOPMENT TIME!!

 

Genre

-        Suspense/Thriller


Who is my target audience?

-        With my overall goal of creating a thriller, I would not advise younger audiences to view this film

-        (13+)

-        For all genders

 

 What emotions do I want to evoke in the audience?

    Overall, I want the audience to be on the edges of their seat (as cheesy as that seems). As a suspense film, the audience should feel the build up of suspense, and not completely sure what is going to happen next. I have researched the important elements to incorporate into making a successful suspense film without having the audience

 


"Old" directed by M. Night Shyamalan (2021)

    Notably, one of the biggest take away from this film would be the coloring used. The greenish yellow overtones correlate with the eerie sense of the film, and I want to incorporate this with my film. Coloring has a lot to do with the overall mood elicited with the film, so I think that this would be a great addition to my film. However, I want the characters to have a young and fresh look to them so I will use other costume design and coloring for them specifically to contrast with the background. Character development will be discussed in another post! Specifically in this scene, I like how each character is in a rather bright costume which capture the excitement and thrill for the trip, which is in complete contrast with the rather unfortunate end for the characters.

    With this film, I have personally watched it and I like the approach the director had taken to develop their darkened and suspenseful film. With this case, I see how, "Old" is categorized as suspense/thriller but has its own characteristics that make the film suspenseful.

 



 

 Thank you Mrs.Stoklosa for your advice and wise words, I will forever be thankful for your input that relieved me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Here is my CCR!! I hope you enjoy it. You might need some reflective glasses LOL. That was a joke!