Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Flashing Lights

I feel like I have had a major breakthrough with my film opening today. I am reaching the point where I am starting to fully develop each scene. I have divided my film into 7 scenes so that I can easily optimize my drafting and time. I am very excited about my project because I feel that with my effective planning, I plan on storyboarding my ideas in the upcoming days so that I can visually draft my written draft. Now that I have my full ideas written out, I can move onto further development as far as production.  I’ve attached my planning for each scene, a script will be coming up next.

As with any thought out plan, there is room for adjustment and change. Here I am acknowledging that certain shots or compositions that I have planned out now is in fact subject to change. An open mind is key!

        *FYI*

    I forgot what I was going to say. Hopefully I will be back with my original thought! I'M BACK!! I wanted to give you all a heads up that I am still adjusting to the characters name, so I will be referencing the actors name so that I do not confuse each character. Here is a little guide to the characters and their real name!

Trinity (Trin) Williams- Nina

Aneesa (Neesa) Williams- Stacia


                `                        Scene Development: Final Floor


Scene 1:  Introducing the character

-        - Need to establish setting

-      -  STORYBOARD

-        -FOLEY!

-        -Taking pictures @ UM sign

-       - “Okay mom we will be back!”

 

Scene 2: Walking/ some suspicion

-        -Outside characters looking at her (Isa/Sabrita/Sophi/Sebastian/Xamir/Lucia)

-        -Rising Action

-        -Weird Elevator man (Xamir)

-        *IDEA* character holding the door open for them, standing in front of the elevator before it closes, “enjoy… good luck!” eerie character

-        -“You have reached the 10th floor, have a great day”

 

 

Scene 3: Into the elevator/time in elevator

-          -Enter elevator, zoom in on the elevator buttons

-         - Faint elevator music in the back

-          -Aneesa jumping. Trin “stop jumping before we get stuck in here!”

-       -   Going up to elevator, gets stuck “see what happened, I told you not to jump, you broke it” “don’t worry, I’m sure this happens all of the time” (tries budging the elevator, not working, cut to elevator buttons going off then a ding) girls stagnant, “trin what’s going on”

 

Scene 4: First challenge/Conflict

-          - Elevator opens (add blue tint over the film so that it has the eerie sense)

-          -Stumbling/uncertainty

-          -Head hurting^ stumbling

-          -What is going to be the challenge? Research challenges that work to create suspense/conflict

-         - Must be a game


Scene 5: They won!

-          -When the character wins, they spin with camera movements (chaotic movements and zoom in and fast action movement, music silences- pause at the elevator ding, scared look) in relation with the ding/ back in the elevator for the next ring

-          -Cut to black


Scene 6: What is going on?

-          -Characters wake up, on the ground

-          -POV shot of Aneesa facing trin, eye blinking effect

-          -Use foley to show overbearing heartbeat

-          -Muffled “trin…what’s going on”

-          -Cut to characters getting up, head is clearing


Scene 7: Final

-          -Running to press the buttons on the elevator

-          -Elevator dings

-        -Xamir pops back up again “You have reached the 10th floor, have a great day”

-        -Aneesa shaking creepy man (xamir’s) hand, holding it in a horrified look, creepy man smiling

-         - Suspenseful music

-          -Over the shoulder shot of Xamir, trin and neesa facing him, zoom in

-          -“Where the hell are we”

-          -Cut to black


Here's an accomplishment photo! Feeling good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 Here is my CCR!! I hope you enjoy it. You might need some reflective glasses LOL. That was a joke!